Myer is still sick. I’ve called the pediatrician again today to see if there is something else we can do for him.
We still haven’t heard anything about our case in Ethiopia. I thought I would have some more news to share by now. Honestly, it’s been a rough week. We haven’t had a ton of low points with our Ethiopian adoption, but the news last week was really hard to take: that we will have to wait longer to get this letter. Don’t get me wrong, I’m really excited that the letter is in hand (in less than a week) but I just wish we (and the other adoptive family) did not have to go through this. We just really want them here. We feel extremely blessed to have more time with Myer before we leave, but we really want “M” and “A” here so they can also love on their little brother. There’s really no other way to put it: we just want them here more than anything. I’d like to hear “M” sing and hear her laughter first hand…and I’d like to be the one that “A” is hiding behind as his picture is being taken by some stranger. I guess I could go on and on. I’m just venting and trying to pick myself back up from this long week.
We’re really excited for our shower/celebration tomorrow evening! Thanks to Diane and Emily for all the work I know you’ve put into it already. We are grateful.
Hopefully, more news to come regarding our case….I’ll keep you posted.