How should I start this post.
I feel like I am all over the place while sitting still. Here’s why:
- I should be unpacking/organizing/cleaning up from our travel to Michigan, but feel overwhelmed. At least I got the laundry finished from the trip.
- This week, I shipped the homeschool school curriculum back, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I feel like it was taunting and teasing me as it sat in the dining room.
- I’m hoping we establish some order and cleanliness to our home before school starts next week. I’m ready to weed through things and pack away and donate items. I’m ready to rid our house of the clutter. I’m ready to get things organized.
MY ETHIOPIA TRIP
- I’m also gearing up for my return trip to Ethiopia. I’m staring to “try to” figure out what to pack. I’ve arranged a few things and it feels like a totally different “packing game”. We packed so much last time: stuff for us, stuff for kids, donations, gifts for other families to be given to their children, all possible meds that we or the children may or may not need for the possible two week trip. I’m starting a before travel experiment, I’m going to see how many days I can wear the same jeans/pants without wash. I’m on day two. I’m hoping I can stretch one pair of jeans/pants out for 4 maybe even 5 days (with the help of a little febreeze :)). I really want to pack minimally. I’m taking one 50lb bag of donations that I will be unloading the first day of my trip (hopefully), but other than that I want to be able to have minimal luggage to have to lug around Ethiopia, since I will be traveling to areas other than Addis. It’s also hard (for me) to be minimal when I don’t know exactly what conditions are like in other areas of Ethiopia that I may be traveling to.
- I leave in 4 weeks
- I’m not too excited about the solo drive to D.C. I’m nervous about the parking and how to get to the airport – exactly
- I need to get my malaria meds
- I need to figure out my $$ situation
THE SCHOOL YEAR IS LURKING AROUND THE CORNER
- Monday we have a preschool Open House
- Tuesday we have Kindergarten Orientation, Mastewal’s first Soccer Practice immediately followed by the Snoop and Scoop and school.
- Wednesday Mastewal goes to school from 8-3
- Thursday there is no school for Mastewal, but Myer has a doctor appointment at 8:30
- Friday Mastewal goes back to school for the long haul and I hope to meet up with a friend for lunch and hopefully apply for social security cards for the kids (we finally got their birth certificates.
BACK TO DAILY LIFE
- I would love to mail out our adoption announcements–that would require me to address envelopes and go purchase some stamps.
- I also need to pick some pictures to send to our adoption agency for our post placement reports: which also requires me to take a new picture of Mastewal and Afton in each of their rooms, respectively: which also brings me back to the clutter, it needs to be cleared from their rooms (it’s actually my mess–not theirs).
I’ve failed to mention that I’m really tired (it’s 3:22 in the afternoon) and there are many other things that I could add to this list. I’m honestly procrastinating while I should be doing something, ANYTHING, at this point to help things move along a little smoother. I feel like I am wearing down, while I have three children in the room next to me entertaining themselves by watching Curious George.
Let the weekend begin, friends!