- nail in the swagger wagon tire this week AND lost a hubcap. awesome. you know you can’t top that.
- the snow days are really out of control around here. i don’t know what else to say. i know its dangerous in some areas, but i know i reached my limit on wednesday, because i usually don’t mind them–but enough is enough.
- the workshop. love it. and my hair is getting long. woot.woot. seriously, if you need some upkeep go see amber at the workshop.
- so today i drove the kids to kentucky to surprise my mom for her birthday (yesterday). it was a true surprise for her. the kids were great as usual on the car ride. we stopped at target in huntington for a break and then in lexington for chipotle lunch and a quick trip to meijer. we picked up balloons, a flower and a cake. parked a couple of houses down and walked up to the door to surprise her.
- david crowder band’s remake of flyleaf’s all round me song. wow. i love it. listened to it several times on the way to kentucky today.
- starting to think about when i can get back to ethiopia. would love to go at easter time, if easter falls differently there–so i don’t miss easter here. i was daydreaming about a move there—how and when—unknown.
- rockin’ mama challenge: going well. i’m grateful to my mom this evening, she questions whether or not i’d rocked mastewal today, urging me to do so–even though it was later than I would have liked for her to be up (9pm). so i did.
you can participate as well go to www.conversiondiary.com
Today was a rough day for me.
We’ve had a disruptive schedule over the weeks since Christmas
Due to snow days, 2-hour delays.
Today was my breaking point.
I was intentional about doing the rocking
because I felt like I really “needed” it.
I am angry.
From behaviors throughout the day.
It wears me out.
She just lays on me.
I realize that during the rockings I have not really been holding her
(well maybe a couple of times)
She just kind of lays there.
Today I intentionally placed my hand on her back.
I’m happy with the rocking thus far. I’m happy to make the effort. I’m pleased that we are having this time, even when I haven’t felt like rocking her. I’m wishing this wasn’t “forced time” and it would happen naturally sometimes, maybe we’ll get there one day.
Rocked about an hour earlier today.
She spent a lot of time making up her own lyrics to
“there was an old lady who swallowed a fly”
cracking herself up
Asked me some personal questions.
I answered to the best of my ability.
She questioned about the date of our move,
I’m noticing that this is a recurring topic of conversations during the rocking.
She must be thinking about it a lot.
Join the club 🙂
I didn’t look at the watch/clock/timer.
I thought about the rocking differently this time.
There is always something going on here.
I start to wonder how larger families make time for all of their children. I’m not saying this is impossible, but there is always motion.
I don’t dive too much into these thoughts, because it’s not me or my family, and I’ve tried to learn to not “take on” things and worry about things in other people’s families. Because I have enough concern with my own.
I just know that we have to pick a time and it always feels like we are “squeezing” the rocking in–and how it shouldn’t be this way.
She has her icebreaker: “Wonder why God made our middle finger the longest?”
It takes me several “releases” to relax. I have to tell my body to relax.
I don’t look at the timer today. The time seemed to go by fast today.
We talked about the move a little more.
She talks about reactions of kids at her school.
I’m upset because she’s lied today. I’m angry that this behavior continues.
Rocked immediately after church.
Talked about church.
Talked about games they played.
It took a while to relax my shoulders,
I feel like I had to “re-relax) twice.
Didn’t look at time.
Models are so much better
Onesies made it to Uganda.
Check out their story here.